National Roofing-trade Union (NRU) is a non-profit organization what consolidates different companies to solve together common problems of development in the roofing sector.
Russian roofing market is changing rapidly. New materials and new technologies are coming up, mutually beneficial relations with foreign partners are thriving, new legal documents are emerging. Many companies have already understood: on top are the companies who develop this market themselves, who are ready to do it in association with colleagues and competitors the rules that are determining the market. Now the main players of Russian roofing market are the members of NRU.
National Roofing-trade Union (НКС, NRU) unites different companies engaged in roofing design, construction and operation as well as suppliers of roofing materials and equipment. Its members include both Russian companies and Russian subsidiaries of foreign companies.
The National Roofers Union was established on January 16, 2006. The same year it became a full member of International Federation for the Roofing Trade (Internationale Föderation des Dachdeckerhandwerks, IFD).
The principal objectives of the Union are:
- to provide assistance to the NRU members to foster their professional development;
- to defend members’ rights and interests, to represent their interests within national and international organizations and associations;
- to assist national authorities and state bodies to develop technical regulations and standards for the roofing sector;
- to elaborate methodological recommendations, rules and standards;
- to form a uniform information bank of techniques and materials applied in the roofing business;
- to enhance prestige of roofing profession.
NRU members are the companies that tend to develop and work under the civil market conditions. They are ready to share their experience, to provide mutual assistance in professional progress. Representatives of these companies give their time not only to grow their own companies but the whole roofing sector as well.
Becoming a member of the National Roofers Union a company gets the opportunities:
to apply quickly to any representative of member companies with questions, suggestions, for advice, assistance, etc; -
to communicate informally with like-minded persons; -
to establish new business alliances between NRU members for joint work on projects and efficient solving of topical tasks; -
to participate in elaboration of legal documentation; to suggest own projects; -
to spread topical technical information to the market by participating in seminars and preparing technical articles (for producers); -
to train workers on preferential terms (for contracting and trading companies).
The National Roofers Union also provides its members with informational support possibilities like:
- Posting company’s logo, brief information and contacts in the «NRU members» section of its web-page;
- Posting information on contracting companies in the «Register of roofing companies» section;
- Posting companies’ events announcements in the «News» section, Events Calendar, informational support (mailing lists to media and subscribers);
- Posting companies’ news in the «News» section;
- Posting technical and informational literature, technical articles of company’s specialists on the NRU Information Center web-page.
The representatives of the NRU participate in official events of member-companies (opening of new enterprises, press-conferences, etc.) and preparation of technical articles as independent experts.